Saturday, March 15

"I am a woman and not a test-mouse!"

I love snopes.

My son has several books that contain different stories of information and assorted trivia.. and one story mentioned an interview done by a Hungarian magazine called Blikk. The interviewee was Madonna.. The questions to Madonna were asked in Hungarian and then translated to English. Madonna's responses were then translated into Hungarian. The interview was then published in Hungarian and, finally, translated back into English.

That was the extent to the truth of this interview. :D

To the book's credit, it did mention at the bottom of the article that it wasn't sure if the interview was just urban legend or not.. but really, all they had to do was what I did.. and look it up on Snopes. lol

The original interview, published in USA Today, was spoofed by cartoonist Gary Trudeau (creator of Doonesbury) and the results were hilarious. The interview made it's way around the 'net as "truth" and since it made me laugh my ass off, I'm going to share it with you. :) I can't find the original USA Today interview.. but if any of you do, please send it to me. :) It was done in 1996, while she was filming Evita, if that helps.

Here's Gary's spoof:

BLIKK: Madonna, Budapest says hello with arms that are spread-eagled. Did you have a visit here that was agreeable? Are you in good odor? You are the biggest fan of our young people who hear your musical productions and like to move their bodies in response.

MADONNA: Thank you for saying these compliments (holds up hands). Please stop with taking sensationalist photographs until I have removed my garments for all to see. (laughs). This is a joke I have made.

BLIKK: Madonna, let's cut to toward the hunt. Are you a bold hussy-woman that feasts on men who are tops?

MADONNA: Yes, yes, this is certainly something that brings to the surface my longings. In America it is not considered to be mentally ill when a woman advances on her prey in a discotheque setting with hardy cocktails present. And there is a more normal attitude toward leather play-toys that also makes my day.

BLIKK: Is this how you met Carlos, your love servant who is reputed? Did you know he was heaven-sent right off the stick? Or were you dating many other people in your bed at the same time?

MADONNA: No, he was the only one I was dating in my bed then, so it is a scientific fact that the baby was made in my womb using him. But as regards those questions, enough! I am a woman and not a test-mouse! Carlos is an everyday person who is in the orbit of a star who is being muscle-trained by him, not a sex machine.

BLIKK: May we talk about your other "baby," your movie, then? Please do not be denying that the similarities between you and the real Evita are grounded in basis. Power, money, tasty-food, Grammys -- all these elements are afoot.

MADONNA: What is up in the air with you? Evita never was winning a Grammy!

BLIKK: Perhaps not. But as to your film, in trying to bring your reputation along a rocky road, can you make people forget the bad explosions of Who's That Girl? and Shanghai Surprise?

MADONNA: I am a tip-top starlet. That is the job that I am paid to do.

BLIKK: O.K. here's a question from left space. What was your book Slut about?

MADONNA: It was called Sex, my book.

BLIKK: Not in Hungary. Here it was called Slut. How did it come to publish? Were you lovemaking with a man-about-town printer? Do you prefer making suggestive literature to fast selling CD's?

MADONNA: These are different facets to my career highway. I am preferring only to become respected all over the map as a 100% artist.

BLIKK: There is much interest in you from this geographical region, so I must ask this final questions. How many Hungarian men have you dated in bed? Are they No. 1? How are they comparing to Argentine men, who are famous for being tip-top as well?

MADONNA: Well, to avoid aggravating global tension, I won't say. It's a tie (laughs). No, no, I am serious now. See here I am working like a canine all the way around the clock! I am too busy even to try the goulash the makes your country for the record books.

BLIKK: Thank you for your candid chitchat.

MADONNA: No problem, friend who is a girl.

As you can see, this is why there was so much laughter in my ass, it fell off. :P

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

holy shit...that's hysterical..
are you sure that's not a saturday night live skit?....there is much laughter where my ass falls off..

Susan Demeter said...

Go n-eírí an bóthar leat!!! Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!!