Sunday, January 2

2010: The Summary

Became closer to some.
Became farther apart from others.
Found some old friends.
Discovered family.
Got divorced (friendliest divorce EVER).
A little stress.
A lot of happiness.
Loved much and deeply.
Laughed so much I cried and couldn't breathe.
Discovered a new path.
Learned a lost passion wasn't so lost after all.
Started a new job.
Stayed true to myself.
Joined an organization.
Got kicked out of said organization.
Realized I shouldn't be part of any organization.
Unless its my own organization.
Watched my son find his own path.
Felt so proud of my son, I thought I would burst.
Lost some fur-babies.
Was grateful for the love the fur-babies could give me in their short time here.
Adopted some fur-babies.
Took pictures.
Amused other people - not always intentionally.
Drank occasionally.
Embarrassed myself occasionally.

I also learned that if you have so much vodka in your freezer, you can't fit any food into it, you should probably re-think your priorities... or drink more vodka so your freezer never gets that crammed.

And most importantly - I was able to say, almost every day - I am happy.

Happy New Year, Everyone. Every New Year's Day, people make resolutions to change what they believe of themselves to be negative. Most people end up breaking their resolutions and feeling like failures. This year, if you must have one resolution, let it be this: Just be yourself.

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called 'Opportunity' and its first chapter is New Year’s Day." ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce


2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

yawned and peed...ditto for 12 months.

Trish Ess said...

Wait.. is that what you did all last year.. or whilst reading my post!? LOL